Monday, May 14, 2012

La dame de fer

Is there anyone in the World not recognizing an image with the Eiffel Tower? I think that this probability is lower than winning at lottery. It was built in 1889 and was the main attraction for the World Fair organized by Paris in 1989. It was hated at the beginning but now we can stay for hours at very long lines for tickets. It is still enormous and can be seen from many points in Paris. I have seen it a few years ago when I and my friends went there at night to see it with all those flickering blue lights and it was quite a show. The tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world and it is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. The tower stands 320 meters tall. During its construction, the Eiffel Tower surpassed the Washington Monument to assume the title of the tallest man-made structure in the world, a title it held for 41 years, until the Chrysler Building in New York City was built in 1930. I also love the card that I have, sure I have many more with it, but the one I choose it is the most beautiful to me.

48.8583, 2.2945 Click for Google Maps or use numbers on your GPS to navigate.
Wikipedia For more information, links, pictures and many more Wikipedia is the perfect site to be informed.
Official Site For visiting information (like fees and open days and times) use the official site.
France For travel information, the official site of the National Tourist Board, is the perfect location.


No comments:

Post a Comment