Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Philippine Travel Destinations

Camiguin island
THEY say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. There are many beautiful spots in the Philippines but each domestic and foreign tourist has his and her own choice for the top Philippine travel destinations.

The number one on my list is Camiguin. Camiguin is an island off the northern part of Cagayan de Oro City. It is accessible by fast ferry for only one hour while others take a detour some 100 miles away to admire the beaches in mainland eastern Misamis Oriental before proceeding the volcanic paradise that is Camiguin. Why do I say that it is a volcanic paradise? Because the island itself is surrounded by dormant volcanoes but beyond these volcanoes, there are various hot springs, sandbars and beaches. Other regular attractions include the Lenten walkway and the sunken cemetery.

Second on my list is surprisingly, the urban metropolis of Metro Manila particularly the beltway housing Trinoma and the renovated SM City North EDSA. SM City North EDSA houses one of only two IMAX moviehouses in the Philippines and it is here which I like to spend the time the most because I am really fascinated with everything 3D. I have my third, fourth and fifth choices but since I am biased, I’d rather keep them on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment