Monday, September 15, 2008

India through my eyes


Outside the 17th century Thirumalai Nayak Palace in Madurai, a group of old women sweat it out to make a living. They sell a few knick knacks, some colourful bags and trinkets. I met these old women who were trying to sell me a few bags that I did not want. But I was caught by their warm smiles and their desperation to make a living at this old age. I took their pictures - one of them coyly smiled as she was just preparing to have lunch. We bought a few bags as well and a small trinket ..just to make their day

I am to Madras (Chennai )again for a couple of days and will see you all later in the week. I would like to thank Aaarti and Jeevan for giving me these awards. I give them away to everyone who take time off to visit my blog everyday and motivate me with their comments. Here are the two awards - the first one is from Aaarti and the second fron Jeevan . Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment